Sunday, January 8, 2017

Today's picture walk of my latest stitch~

Much of the country is cold and frozen..... We are unusually frigid here in North Carolina~ Record breaking low temps with sleet and ice... I'm WAY too Southern for this kind of cold weather!     I knew this would be the perfect time to complete this beautiful stitch~ It began as my Christmas night start and continued on until this morning... Where my Heart Blooms is an older design by Blackbird Designs that has been pulling at me for sometime..... My heart blooms in my passion for stitching and finishing... in my cherished friendships and loving family.... in my love for teaching young minds to learn, love and respect....  What things make your heart bloom???? Please take a look......  

The subtle overdye threads in the house make it look white-washed and weathered... perfect....

Vintage Pecan Butter 32 count Lakeside linen 

along with the specified overdye cottons~ 2 threads over 2

... a scant amount of over one stitching.... many Eyelet ad Rice speciality stitches... I love them!

 

.... and, by the way... this IS MY year to bloom...... 

 

I love this nice stitch....It will be framed and on display at my vendor table at the Primitive Stitchers Retreat upcoming 

in May in Columbus,  Ohio..... 

I've been sharing with some of my stitching pals how this is going to be my year of stitching Quaker designs... I've always had a true love of all things Quaker and after much hoarding, pondering and now stash diving... this is the year! So, look for more stitching from me in the way of Quaker/Ackworth School influenced stitching... I actually have one in my hoops now that was started in 2016 and might be my first Quaker finish of 2017..... stay tuned because it uses my most favorite Victorian Mottoe Sampler Thread "Best Used Brick".... 

Until then, stay warm~happy~ & stitching!

Faye

24 comments:

Willa said...

BEAUTIFUL! I must stitch it. I want to bloom this year. I've declared it as MY YEAR! Another first in my year of firsts....first year without my Beloved since 1963. Wow, just wow!

BTW, Faye, my children adored their ornaments. We didn't mean to make everyone cry, did we? *wink* They all had a place of honor on three trees from Washington State to South Carolina to Texas. Mine was on my son's tree in Spokane where I spent Christmas, but I didn't leave it there! Now it's in my bedroom where I can see it. Not sure if I'll be able to put it away! Stay toasty warm! XO, wb

Crystal said...

Beautiful! I don't know how to cross stitch yet but I have this on my list of things to learn. There are so many patterns I would love to do. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely needlework!

gracie said...

So very nice

Sandy's Stitching said...

Love this Faye!!!♡

xJuDesign said...

Wonderful stitching, lovely pattern. Simply perfect❤

denise said...

very pretty!

Unknown said...

It's lovely, Faye! I especially love the threads of the house and the red roof...
What makes my heart bloom? My God, Family, and friends... people like you with a heart to serve and make a difference. 💙

Unknown said...

It's lovely, Faye! I especially love the threads of the house and the red roof...
What makes my heart bloom? My God, Family, and friends... people like you with a heart to serve and make a difference. 💙

Mariela Alethia said...

Beautiful!

Mugwump Woolies said...

I stitched this pattern years ago and just recently found it hidden in a closet. I need to do something with it! It's cold here in Florida, too...no snow though! Stay warm and safe!
Robyn

Sandy said...

This one is simply beautiful. I may have to add that to my list.

deb said...

Pretty design, beautifully stitched - what a lovely finish!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish, Faye! It is simply gorgeous. I love the look of the house. I look forward to seeing what Quaker is on your hoop and the other Quakers that will get stitched by you in 2017. Have a great week!

Christine said...

This is beautiful and I love the valentine set in your last post!

CindyC said...

I'm just in love with this one, Sis, and I'm excited, as always, to see what's coming up in your next post! HUGS! :) <3

Maggee said...

That is a gorgeous finish! The house stitches are perfect for making it look weathered... I love Quakers too, so looking forward to seeing what you stitch this year! Hugs!

Mary said...

Faye, this is gorgeous, I love this design. I'm looking forward to seeing more beautiful work by you.

Karen said...

I adore this piece! I haven't tried the Quaker pieces but have wanted to do one. I am learning to quilt so that has taken time when I am not at work 10 hour days. It seems the weekends will never come and then they are gone way to soon and I get so little time to stitch. I can't wait to see your piece and I will have to try the thread!

Karen outside of Greenville NC

RJ said...

I really love this pattern Fay. I had not seen this one before but must put it on my wish list. As usual your stitching is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it framed up. It is bitter cold down here in Florida too but no ice thank goodness. Keep blooming with beautiful stitches and finishes for all of us to admire. Happy 2017' RJ

Hilda said...

This one is amazing! I am stash diving right now for a new start, but unfortunetaly I do not have this one (why I do always want to stitch something that I see finished on such wonderful blogs, like yours, haha).
I am very much looking forward to see your Quaker stitching. I love the Quaker/Ackworth School designs so much!
Enjoy the work on them!

Hugs
Hilda

Cindy's Stitching said...

A beautiful stitch Faye. It will look lovely framed.

Lyn said...

I love your work, Faye!

CathieJ said...

I love this sampler. The colors are so pretty and the sentiment is perfect.

Lynn said...

Faye this is an absolutely stunning finish! I have this one all kitted up and ready to go but I think it might have to wait until next year. I have several stitches for Canada's 150th birthday that I want to get done this year. I look forward to seeing it at the retreat! Glad to hear about your Quaker decision. I have always had a love for those type of designs too.